About this section
In this section you can find out about our family support services across the West Midlands, including outreach, short breaks, support groups and education advice.
A diagnosis of autism in the family can have a huge impact on the child's siblings. Our support is delivered as workshops, specifically for siblings of individuals with autism.
Similar to Family Day activities, these workshops:
- Provide an opportunity to meet other siblings of individuals with autism
- Offer the chance to discuss problems and concerns - they can be open and honest in a non-judgmental environment
- Involve a range of activities
- Reduce social isolation
- Provide opportunity for parents to have a short break or spend time with their child with autism
- Increase siblings' confidence and offer learning around strategies to cope with issues that arise