About this section
In this section you can find out about our family support services across the West Midlands, including outreach, short breaks, support groups and education advice.
Support in the home
Our family outreach workers provide support in the home to families in Birmingham where one or more children has a diagnosis of autism. This work is funded by the ACT Foundation. We also offer the service in Sandwell, funded by Sandwell Council; and a similar service in Shropshire, funded by Shropshire Council and NHS.
Some of the services the outreach team provide are outlined below.
- Hand over hand learning
- A listening ear
- Advice and guidance
- Strategies on understanding and managing challenging behaviour, tailored to individual needs
- We attend educational meetings, supporting parents
- We can support with referrals to other agencies
- Offer autism awareness sessions within the home to other family members
- Write supporting letters and documentation
- Over the phone support
- Make sure families are aware of available services and know how to access them
Make a referral
If you are a parent of a child with autism and feel you and your family would benefit from our support please contact the helpline in the first instance to make an appointment. Our advisors will then be able to discuss your particular concerns, and offer advice, refering for more intensive support if necessary.
Helpline tel: 0303 03 00 111