- This event has passed.
Autism and Me – SOLAR, Shirley
19th August 2019 at 10:30 am - 22nd August 2019 at 12:30 pmFree
Autism and Me
These practical sessions will give children the opportunity to meet others of a similar age with autism. They will learn more about positive aspects of autism through games, practical exercises, videos, work sheets and more. Children will also have the opportunity to create their own stress busting tool kit! Suitable for children aged 8-12 years who can engage without additional support.
NB – SOLAR Registered Families Only
3 Morning Sessions
10:30am – 12:30pm
Aims of the group:
• To improve the child’s understanding of their autism and its impact.
• To help the child to identify and manage their own anxiety.
• To boost self -esteem and confidence.
• To meet other children with autism of a similar age and to encourage social interaction.
• To provide ideas, strategies and resources.
• To aid relaxation.
Monday 19th August 2019
Wednesday 21st August 2019
Thursday 22nd August 2019
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Location: The Bridge, 234 Stratford Road, Shirley, B90 3AG
Cost: Free for all three sessions (SOLAR Families)
Booking Information: to book or for more information please contact Amanda:
E: email@example.com T: 07881 109 496