Workshops in Shrewsbury for family carers living in Shropshire
“Best parent training and support programme” Social Care Award 2017
A series of six workshops for family carers who really want to understand their child’s autism.
This course is funded by Shropshire Council and Shrophire’s Clinical Commissioning Group so
places are only available for family carers living in the Shropshire Council area.
About the course
Families attending this course will gain a greater confidence in living with autism and feel better equipped to manage the difficulties they are experiencing.
All Participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences and take away ideas, strategies and resources as well as information about Autism West Midlands’ Information and Support services and other local sources of help.
A refundable* deposit will be taken when you book:
£10 for an individual or £15 per couple
A small number of places are available for Telford parents (daytime session only) for a non refundable charge of £20 per person.
To book please visit the online shop:
The course consists of 6 sessions as detailed below. You can choose between 6 daytime sessions (9.30am – 12.30am) or 6 evening sessions (6.30pm – 9.30pm).
21 June Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
22 June Daytime (9.30am – 12.30am)
Autism as a Spectrum
• Exploring the world of autism
• The individuality of children on the spectrum
• How autism is diagnosed
28 June Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
29th June Daytime (9.30am – 12.30am)
The Sensory World of Autism
• Sensory Processing
• How children with autism use their senses
• Improving sensory experiences for you child
5 July Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
6th July Daytime (9.30am – 12.30am)
• The developing communicator
• How your child with autism communicates
• Communication ideas for your child
13 Sept Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
14 Sept Daytime (9.30am – 12.30am)
Helping your Child Develop Social Skills
• How children develop social skills
• Social skill difficulties in autism
• Promoting social skills with your child
20 Sept Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
21st Sept Daytime (9.30am – 12.30am)
Understanding and minimising difficult behaviours
• The role of anxiety in a child with autism
• Coping strategies for dealing with autism
related anxiety and anger outbursts
• Strategies to help your child regulate their emotions
27 Sept Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm)
28th Sept Daytime (9.30am – 12.30am)
Happiness and Wellbeing
• Practical strategies to promote self
esteem and wellbeing for your child
• Reflection time
* Your ticket cost (deposit) will be refunded within a few days of the completion of the course.
**Please provide your mobile number when booking so that we can send you a text reminder.**
For more information please contact the Shropshire team at email@example.com