Assistant Manager – The Burrows
Autism West Midlands is embarking on an exciting and new opportunity to transform the lives of young adults with Autism and complex needs, through the development of a new supported living scheme. We are looking for leaders with a passion for delivering personalised support and a commitment to ensuring best outcomes for people with Autism and complex needs.
Autism West Midlands, the leading provider of autism specialist services in the west midlands are working alongside Worcestershire County Council and Fortis living in the opening of a new, specialist supported living scheme for adults with Autism and complex needs in April 2019. The scheme is located in Droitwich, Worcestershire. As a specialist provider, Autism West Midlands provides a wide range of specialist support services for adults, families and children; each with a focus on empowering individuals, working alongside adults, children and their families to ensure the best outcomes for a fulfilling life.
This is an exceptional opportunity and we are looking for an exceptional person to work alongside the Registered Care Manager in setting up the service, assisting the transition of individuals into their new home and developing person centred care practices which take account of each person’s needs, aspirations and motivations.
As the Assistant Manager you will:
- Work alongside the Registered Manager to ensure compliance with the Care Quality Commission and the delivery of high quality services to meet the needs of those we support through personalised support.
- Liaise with the Registered Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the service during the manager’s scheduled and unscheduled absences.
- Take an active role in the recruitment, induction and development of staff Be an integral part of a proactive and committed management team who take pride in working for Autism West Midlands ensuring that the support received is least restrictive, person centred and engaging.
- Work alongside the manager and other managers to ensure staff are supported, motivated and focused on achieving best outcomes for those they support.
- Contribute to a 24 hour on call system on a rota basis, covering a range of services in a specified area over a 7 day period.
- Work flexibly across a rota that includes weekends and bank holidays.
The successful candidate must have substantial training or a qualification relevant to a supervisory position in social care or a related field as well as an understanding of person centred practises and supported living.
You will have strong leadership skills, including team building and an ability to motivate and empower staff teams to deliver excellent support and work towards achieving agreed goals and outcomes. You will be someone who is experienced in liaising with key stakeholders, managing finances and supervising a staff team. As part of this role you will have management responsibility for a number of Support Workers/Supported Living Facilitators.
It is essential that you are able to work across shift patterns, which include weekends and on call duties.
We offer a number of benefits including:
- A competitive salary of £18,500 – £20,000
- 33 days paid annual leave
- On-Call Payments
- A fully paid Healthcare Scheme – this allows you to claim back money for dental, optical and many more treatments!
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Specialist Training and a comprehensive induction
- Peer and Management support
- Pension Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts at leisure centres
- Development training and Management Training
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience then we want to hear from you!
The information that we receive from your CV is requested for the ‘Legitimate interest purposes.’ As an employer, we require the information contained within your CV in order to make a assess your suitability for the position. The information will be shared with HR team and recruiting Manager. Your CV will be deleted if it is not progressed past the shortlisting stage within 2 months of providing you with feedback