Adult Support Groups
Adult discussion groups available in Sandwell and Solihull
Sandwell & Solihull Discussion Groups
The Sandwell Adult Discussion Group takes place one evening a month in West Bromwich town centre. They are an opportunity to meet other adults with autism, and to talk about topics such as:
- How autism affects you
- Independence skills
- Managing health and wellbeing
After the meeting, we visit a local pub for a meal and more of a social opportunity. The meal part of the meeting is optional, but is always enjoyed by those who attend.
The group is supported by two trained advisors, who can help you get to know others, answer your questions about the discussion topics, and help you to feel safe and supported.
This is a great opportunity to make friends and find out more about autism, strategies to manage, and how other adults on the spectrum experience their condition.
To take part you must be:
- Over 16 years of age
- Registered with a Sandwell or West Birmingham GP (you will need to provide your NHS Number to access the group)
- Clinically diagnosed or seeking a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Condition
- Able to manage in a group setting with minimal support
For more information, or to request a registration form, please email email@example.com
Take part in discussions with other adults with autism, meet new people and learn strategies and information on being on the autistic spectrum. Sessions are supported by autism specialist staff, who will be on hand to answer questions from the group and guide the group in the discussion.
The group meets in Solihull for a a discussion on a set topic, followed by a visit to a local pub for a meal and more of a social opportunity. The meal part is voluntary, but is always enjoyed by those who attend.
To attend you must be:
- Over 18
- Living in the Solihull Council area
- Clinically diagnosed or seeking a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition
- Able to manage in a group setting without support
Meetings take place once a month in the evening, and are an opportunity to discuss topics such as:
- Coping with stress
- Strategies for communicating effectively
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Organisation and planning skills
- Developing independence
- Explaining autism to others
**Please note our Solihull discussion group is currently full. We will not be accepting applications for this group until further notice.**