Parent or Carer Support Group Birmingham & Walsall
Birmingham Support Group
Are you a parent/carer/partner of an autistic adult who would like some support from other people in a similar situation? If you live in the Birmingham area and the individual you support is over 18, then this may be the group for you.
This new group aims to offer you the following:
- A free monthly daytime support group for parents/partners/carers based at our head office
- Access to peer support
- To develop your understanding of what autism is.
- Provide a place to share information and access advice on a range of issues affecting autistic individuals and their families.
- Discuss strategies to manage the challenges you face as a carer.
- Once you are registered you can attend as and when you like.
Please note the following eligibility criteria:
- Either you or the autistic person that you support needs to be registered to a GP covered by the funding – (Birmingham CCG’s).
- The person you support must be 18 or over.
- Preferably the person you support has been newly diagnosed as an adult, however consideration will be given should they have been diagnosed in childhood.
To check eligibility or to find out more about the group please contact the Aspire team on 0121 450 7582 or email@example.com
Walsall Coffee Mornings
Would you like to seek advice from other parents and carers in a relaxed and informal setting? Our Coffee Mornings are an opportunity to meet up with other parents/carers
who have autistic children (adults 18 plus). This is an opportunity to share information, experiences and offer support to each other.
To book and for more information, please contact Hope: E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0121 450 7582.
First Friday of each Month 10am-12pm Walsall.