About this section
In this section you can find out about our family support services across the West Midlands, including outreach, short breaks, support groups and education advice.
In Shropshire we have a dedicated small team offering a range of services to individuals with autism (children and adults) and their families.
Our services include:
- Information, advice, training and support for families of children 0-18 with autism and autistic traits
- Training and consultancy support for professionals working with children
- Short break opportunities for children with autism (or children who have autistic traits) and their siblings
- Information, advice and signposting to adults using the Shrewsbury and Telford Adult Autism Hubs
- Outreach support for individuals to develop independent living and to access the community
Our children and family service (0-18) is funded by Shropshire Council and Shropshire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group and is free to families and professionals working with children in the Shropshire Council area. Please download our Frequently asked Question sheets for more details about who can access our children and family service and what we offer.